(The photos above are examples of RRI’s mapping systems. Other configurations are available. Please contact us for details)
The FMU-1200-MRI is a state-of-the-art, computer-controlled, proton NMR based complete mapping, analysis and automatic optimization of the magnetic field in MRI magnets.
The FMU-1200-MRI systems provide a wide range of sophisticated functions and operating advantages over all existing mapping systems, such as:
- Large operating frequency range from 5 MHz to 1.4 GHz
- The single probe head with variable operating frequency provides flexibility, reduces the relative cost of the system and saves time and labor spent on change of probes and calibration
- The NMR sample provides high resoluion, sensitivity and operational stability. Axial gradients from Z0 to Z10 and radial gradients from X / Y to C8 / S8 cam be easily mapped.
- Suitable for mapping of very high fields (please see themapping report of a 7T whole body magnet.
- Automatic resonance detection
- Fully automated determination of field center, accomplished through difference maps of the Z or ZX gradient
- Simple procedure for magnet homogeneity evaluation with no direct operator involvement
- Easy and fast installation is completed in a few minutes by using the magnet flange mounting or the optional patient bed mounting. Data is acquired in a single pass and processed in about 30 minutes.
- Self-contained robotic data acquisition, analysis and data storage package can be operated from any standard PC
- Modular probe radius extensions allow mapping at radii from 62.5 to 250 mm
- Self-contained design and sturdy construction suitable for factory and field operations
Please click the links below for presentations describing our horizontal and vertical mapping systems: